Baba

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Rudy

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Panthalassa

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Fil

So today we went up to Zecker Zinnesota to pick the boy up from my parent's house (my mom's birthday was on Saturday and she wanted the boy overnight as a birthday present. That was a present I could afford!). We went to lunch at Zippy's parents house.

To say that Zippy's father is special would be an understatment. Today Fil (father-in-law, get it? get it?) compared the condition of college football players to slaves. I'll let that sink in.

First of all, WTF? Second of all, are you kidding? Although my understanding of history may be sketchy at best, I don't remember reading about the slaves getting full rides to top notch universities. If Zippy wouldn't have grabbed me with Fil opened mouth and inserted foot I probably would have leapt across the room and kicked him.

After getting dogged at Zippy's sister's wedding (I, who have been married to Zippy for 3 years and have been with Zippy for 7 years, did not have a seat at a family table) I didn't think anything could surprise me. I was wrong.

I don't know what to say besides WTF?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

College football players to slaves? I guess i don't get it. Plus, I think that football players CHOOSE to play football. Interesting.