Baba

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Rudy

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Panthalassa

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, March 05, 2007

Life

Ahh, Cleveland. Why is it that everyone who lives here hates the city? I love Cleveland. I love the old houses, the fantastic neighborhoods and restaurants, the skyline, the city, the weather, and my friends. Yeah, Cleveland rocks.

I am very jealous of my friend's new apartments. It is the top story of a beautiful old house with built-ins and a sunroom. It is the apartment that I always pictured living in.

We stayed up way to late last night, drink too many cosmos (pre-mixed - after our margie episode no one lets me mix drinks any more), and talked about where we were in our lives compared to where we thought we would/should be and how to reconcile that.

My friend mentioned how I am so different than she is. Most of my friends say that. The truth is, I don't think I am like anyone. I see bits of myself in relatives, but I can't look at myself and say, "I am so much like ..........." because I am like no one. I've always wondered why people want to be my friend. I am very cold until I get to know people, but once I befriend someone, I will do anything they need (including, but not limited to driving to Cleveland to pick someone up because they need help).

Did I picture that I would be living in Minnesota at 25 with a 2 year old son and little to no desire to have more babies? No. I always thought that I would want many children and I would stay home with said children. I don't know if I want to stay home with future children, I just want the option to do so. I certainly didn't picture working for a security company or living out in the country - I like the city.

For the most part, I am very happy with my place in life. I have a wonderful, fantasic, super-terrific husband, a great son whom I love with all my heart, a job I don't hate (huge!), and I am okay with where I am at. Life is so much better than it was a year ago. Note to self: next time I have PPD, take the drugs.

No comments: