The funny thing about depression is that just when you think that being depressed is so last week/last month/last year/etc, it comes knocking at your door and BOOM! its boxes of kleenexes and self-doubt waiting for you in bed. Depression is a bully - it increases it's self-esteem by making you feel bad. What a jerk! I am so not inviting depression to my birthday part.
The last couple weeks have been tough, not because anything specifically has happened, just because depression came around (that and Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun has been hiding behind a tree). Despite the fact that I have broken several threatening email chain letters lately an amazing thing happened a couple days ago. I got an email from a really good friend who I hadn't talked to in a couple years. And she called tonight and we talked for over an hour. It was like we hadn't been out of touch for 2 days, much less 2 years.
Leaving Cleveland to move back here was one of the hardest things I've ever done and not a day goes by when Zippy or I don't mention wanting to move back home.
But, I'm in such a good mood that I'm starting a list of my favorite things - the things that make me happy:
1. Phone calls/emails from "long-last" friends.
2. Snow - the clean white kind, not the run over by 5 semi's kind.
4. Human Anatomy.
5. Sleeping in.
6. Mornings when Baba wakes up with a "Momma!" instead of tears.
8. Reading blogs.
9. Good books, especially when I have the time to read said good book from cover to cover.
10. Making Baba giggle.
11. Lazy days.
12. PJs until noon.
13. Cuddling with my husband and watching dumb movies.
14. Bad Sci-fi movies.
15. My friends.
17. My cat.
18. Going to my grandparents house (tomorrow!).
19. Christmas season.
20. Weekends were we have nothing to do.
21. Grocery shopping.
23. Chinese food.
24. Eating in general.
25. Stepping on the scale and realizing I've lost any amount of weight.
25b. Putting on a pair of pants that cut off the circulation to my legs a year ago because they had "shrunk" and the pants now fit (how did they un-shrink?).
26. The cabin.
I'm too tired to think of anything else (it's 10:30! It is way past my bed time).